It’s here again, the Melbourne Dog Lover’s Show! I’m really excited, and will definitely be going along for a sticky beak, some puppy dog cuddles, and to find as many ways as possible to spoil my dogs rotten! And the exciting news for you guys?
I have three double passes to give away!
The Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton will be home to more waggy tails, wet noses and sloppy dog kisses than ever before. This is the Dog Lover’s Show’s third year running, and it’s estimated that more than 25,000 dog lovers will visit for a sniff around over the three days from Friday the 1st to Sunday the 3rd of May.
If you love dogs (and come on, who doesn’t!), it’s just such a fun filled event. There are all sorts of interesting and useful things to learn, you can check out gorgeous and unusual breeds, and this year there will even be a Pat-A-Pooch nursery zone where you can cuddle puppies!! That’s right, you heard me – CUDDLE PUPPIES
Honestly, that is just my idea of heaven. And it’s pretty much my answer to all of life’s problems…
Adorable puppies aside, there will be loads of information and helpful people on hand to assist you if you are trying to make a decision about bringing a new canine family member into your own home.
Other Great Things to See at the Dog Lover’s Show
- A special tribute to military dogs in recognition of their amazing contributions and the 100th anniversary of World War I.
- Some great shows, including Australian Customs & Border Protection Detector Dogs, Search & Rescue Dogs and Victoria Police Squad Dogs showing off their incredible talents.
- There will be a rescue dog zone where you can meet dogs from various shelters and rescue groups and discuss all aspects of dog adoption with the experts.
- A breed showcase where you can check out and learn about your favourite breed, or discover more about one you knew little about.
- There will even be a celebrity vet stage with various experts including Dr Katrina Warren who will provide seminars for a happier, healthier dog.
- There will be literally hundreds of exhibitors there, including two of my friends, Kerry of Akemi Photography and Karen of Barx Active. Kerry takes stunning photos of fur-kids while Karen shows us just how easy and fun it is to get fit with our dogs. If you see them there say hi from me!
If you do decide to go along, (do it!) pre-booking your tickets online here will save you 25% and you can avoid the potentially huge queues on the day.
I went along last year and it was a dog lover’s dream come true. If you can think of any product or service that can make a life with dogs even better, it was there. I went on the Saturday afternoon, and admittedly it was pretty busy. I’m told the Sunday can be even more crowded, so if you have the option, maybe consider going on the Friday or getting in early.
How to Fetch a Free Double Pass!
All you need to do is leave a comment saying what you love most about your dog!
Easy, huh! Creature Clinic will chose the three most creative comments and award the passes accordingly.
Terms and Conditions
This competition is open to Australian residents only. The tickets are for the Melbourne Dog Lover’s Show and cannot be used at the Sydney show. Competition opens 13/4/15 and ends midnight AEST 21/4/15. Winners will be notified within 24 hours of competition ending by email, and are required to respond within 48 hours or else the prize will be reallocated. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prizes are non-exchangeable for cash or anything else. Have a lovely day!